Spine Radiology Course – Specialist Certificate
About this course
This online spine radiology course is a Specialist Certificate in spinal imaging and covers state-of-the-art knowledge in spine radiology.
Course structure: It is made up of 13 online Lectures (Lecture List PDF) in four Knowledge Packages. You can purchase and work through the Radiology Certificate package-by-package. The Knowledge Packages are:
- Imaging in the Degenerative Spine
- Imaging in the Deformed Spine
- Imaging in the Traumatised Spine
- Imaging of the Spine – Basics and Complications
Assessment: Each of the 13 Lectures has an online assessment, and there is a final online exam that must be passed successfully to be awarded the certificate.
Location: This course is completely online, so no travel necessary. You can study at your own pace, wherever there’s an internet connection.
Eligibility & who this course is for
There are no strict eligibility criteria for this course. Anyone can take it if they think the educational contents would be interesting or useful to them.
As it is focused on imaging of the spine, it is suitable for all Radiologists and Radiographers from Resident up to Professor level.
Radiology Technologists may also find use from the course if they need specific information on imaging of spine conditions.
How to enrol on this course
This course can be purchased and started immediately – just click the Enrol Now button to get started.
Enrolment Fee: €699
Enrolment Fee: €669
Enrolment Fee includes:
- 13 online lectures in video format with English transcription
- Pre- and post- learning assessments for each lecture
- Additional learning materials
- Final certificate
CME Credits: 39 CME Credits available
Tuition language: English
Study Commitment: Self-paced, but we recommend you study 7hrs per week on average to complete the course within 2 months
Duration: 12 Months Access
Editor: Prof Alberto Zerbi
What you will cover in this Spine Radiology Course
This online spine radiology course covers the range of imaging modalities available for evaluation of the spine, how to deploy them effectively for the full range of patients and conditions you encounter (Lecture List PDF).
It is made up of 4 Knowledge Packages – each focused on a particular aspect of spinal pathology – Degenerative Spine, Deformed Spine, Traumatised Spine, and Post-Operative Complications.
The imaging modalities available in the management of patients with degenerative spine conditions are covered, as well as interventional radiology techniques for pain relief.
Radiological assessment of spinal deformities including scoliosis, kyphosis and spondylolisthesis is addressed, together with the differences between imaging protocols in children and adults.
Imaging for fractures and trauma of the spine is covered, including pathologies in the subaxial cervical spine, the occipito-cervical junction and thoracolumbar spine injuries.
The range of imaging modalities available for evaluation of the spine is covered in detail, when and how to use each technique effectively, and what to look for in early and late post-operative complications.
- To become knowledgeable of relevant imaging modalities, including X-rays, MRI, CT, bone scans and EOS, used in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of all spinal pathologies
- To be able to recognise and classify pathologies of the spine using imaging techniques and diagnostic algorithms
- To understand the role of interventional radiology in the spine
- To understand the interrelation between cost, information and safety of radiation exposure
- To be able to use appropriate imaging algorithms to recognise and define post-operative complications
Note: This spine radiology course specialist certificate cannot be used as a route towards our Spine Surgery Diploma.
working in support of a spine surgery service
seeking to support their spine-specific training
Practicing Spine Surgeons
in Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical services for Continuing Education or recertification
Modules of the Spine Radiology Specialist Certificate Course
The Spine Radiology Specialist Certificate contains 4 Radiology Knowledge Packages. You can enrol on each Knowledge Package individually to spread out the cost of the Specialist Certificate. Find out more information on each Package by the links below:
Editor of this Spine Surgery Course
- Head of Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan, Italy
- EFM Professor of Radiology, University of Milan
- EFM Professor of Radiology, University of Pavia
- EFM Professor of Radiology, University of Monza
- Deputy Editor (Imaging), European Spine Journal
Spine Surgery Lecture Author
- Imaging in Degenerative Cervical Conditions
- Diagnostic Injection Studies (Interventional Radiology)
- Imaging in Lumbar and Thoracic Disc Herniation and Lumbar Stenosis
- Imaging in Degenerative Lumbar and Sacroiliac Conditions
- Adult Scoliosis and Kyphosis: Radiological Assessment
- Imaging in Spondylolisthesis
- Paediatric Deformities: Imaging
- Imaging in Subaxial Cervical Spine Injuries
- Imaging of the Occipito-Cervical Junction Post-Trauma
- Imaging of Thoraco-Lumbar Injuries
- Imaging of Early Complications
- Imaging of Late Complications
Spine Radiology Course – Specialist Certificate
- 13 Online Spine Radiology Specialist Lectures
- 26 Pre- and Post-Learning Assessments
- Downloadable References from European Spine Journal, Spine, Open Operating Theatre and more
- 39 CME Credits
- Certificate Examination
- 12 Months Access
Enrolment Fee: €669
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is an eccElearning Specialist Certificate?
A: eccElearning Specialist Certificates are in-depth medical educational courses focused on a specific area of expertise - for example, Spine Trauma or Spine Tumours. They contain 3-6 Knowledge Packages and 13-23 online spine surgery Lectures and all materials associated with them, including narrated Lecture presentations, assessments, downloadable references, CME Credits and the Specialist Certificate Examination. You can work towards the full Spine Surgery Diploma qualification by completing all 9 of the Advanced Specialist Certificates.
Q: What does a Specialist Certificate include?
A: Specialist Certificates are made up of all the relevant Knowledge Packages in a given area, so include 13-23 Lectures. This means you get all online Lecture Presentations, downloadable references, pre- and post- learning assessments, CME Credits and the Certificate Examination. You will have access to all these materials for 12 months.
Q: Who recognises the Specialist Certificate?
A: All eccElearning Lectures are CME accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME), of the Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes (UEMS). EACCME credits can be converted into an equivalent number of American Medical Association PRA Category 1 Credits, so you can be sure the qualification is recognised internationally. eccElearning is also endorsed by the European Spine Journal.
Q: Is there a final exam?
A: All our Specialist Certificates have a final 1-hour multiple-choice Examination. The Examination is only able to be taken once all the Lecture Assessments for that Certificate have been completed successfully.
Q: Is there a time limit for completing a Specialist Certificate?
A: Yes, you have a study period of 12 Months, though typical completion time is 2-3 Months.
Q: Can I request an extension?
A: Extensions are possible in justifiable circumstances. Contact us via our feedback/enquiry form to discuss your case.
Q: Can I try before I buy?
A: Yes. A free trial Lecture is available for you to review. Just register at www.eccelearning.com and navigate to Your Free Demo Lecture.
Q: What payment methods are accepted?
A: All major credit and debit cards.
Q: What is your cancellation and refund policy?
A: Candidates may apply for a full or partial refund within 14 days of a purchase. A refund will only be granted if there has been no significant activity on the respective content by the candidate. Applications for refunds may be sent via the contact form.
Q: Is there an advantage to buying the Specialist Certificate, rather than the relevant Knowledge Packages?
A: Yes. It is more cost-effective to buy a Specialist Certificate, rather than all the relevant Knowledge Packages. You also get all of the downloadable references when you buy a Specialist Certificate. Knowledge Packages include only the 'Compulsory' reference materials.