Spine Tutorial Timeline
Before your Tutorial
You need to do the following before you can attend a Spine Surgery Tutorial
Pass the Module Exam
- Tutorials are only available for Modules 2-9 of our Diploma in Spine Surgery
Confirm the date of your Tutorial
- Dates depend on Tutor availability
Create four spine case studies
- We will send you a blank spine case study template for you to complete
- Send us your case studies to review for correctness and completeness
- Case studies MUST be anonymised
Test your webcam and internet connection
- We will send you link you can use to confirm your webcam and internet connection are working as expected
On the Tutorial Day
Present and discuss your own spine surgery cases with an experienced member of our spine faculty and fellow students, and get individual feedback.
Connect to the Tutorial
- We will email you the the link to the Tutorial
- The Tutorial will use either Skype or Microsoft Teams – this means you can join directly from a web browser and you don’t have to download any software
Meet the other Tutorial attendees
- We will introduce you to your Tutor and fellow students
Case study presentation & discussion
- A student will present their first case study
- The Tutor will ask questions and provide feedback and start the discussion after the presentation
- The Tutor will then choose another student to present the next case study
- This pattern continues until most or all case studies have been presented
- Online Tutorials typically last 2 hours
After the Tutorial
Give us feedback
- We’re constantly looking to improve our programme
- Let us know what you thought about the Tutorial – from the Tutor knowledge and feedback, format of the Tutorial and even the case studies presented
Once you’ve completed the Tutorial and given us feedback, you’ve finished this Module. You can start work on another Spine Surgery Module.
Tutorial & Module Completed
What participants say about our Spine Tutorials
This has been a most rewarding experience, and it is a great way to summarise and consolidate the learning from the module! Preparing the cases is a pain, it is true, but this tutorial was superb beyond my expectations.
The use of technology was excellent, we learnt a lot without any interruption, for me it was very much encouraging.
The quality and value of the Case Study group discussions was very good
I find group tutorials very interesting, inspiring and give extra boost.
Book a Tutorial as part of a Lecture Subscription
You can also enrol onto a Spine Tutorial as an upgrade to a Lecture Subscription.