Rush International Spine Education
RISE (Rush International Spine Education) is a new collaboration between Rush University Medical Centre and eccElearning. It provides novel education via blended learning to address the diagnosis, treatment, outcomes and preventive measure of various spinal disorders.
RISE: Cervical Radiculopathy and Myelopathy
RISE is a comprehensive, interactive series on spinal disorders and the first RISE course available covers Cervical Radiculopathy and Myelopathy.
The series of 13 online lectures is accompagnied by 8 interactive case-based discussion webinars. The program is led by senior, experienced faculty who serve as mentors to each registered participant for the year.
It is a Rush University accredited course, so you gain AMA PRA Cat 1 CME Credits for completing it, along with a Rush University Certificate of Completion.
Who is it for?
RISE is ideally suited to Senior Clinicans, Junior Clinicians, Fellows and Residents. Because the course is online, you can enrol and learn from anywhere in the world.
Watch this video with Program Director Dino Samartzis DSc to find out more about what RISE is all about:
13 Online lectures with dynamic transcript
Regular case-based interactive webinars
12 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits
Mentorship with Leaders in the field
Adjunct reading material and self-assessment
Study online, at your pace, anywhere in the world
An international network
Rush University Certificate of Completion
- 16 March 2021
- Foraminotomies / Microdisectomies
- Dr Richard G Fessler
- 18 May 2021
- Laminectomy, Laminolpasty and Combined Approaches
- Dr Howard S An
- 15 June 2021
- Prosthetic Disc Arthroplasty
- Dr Frank M Phillips
- 20 July 2021
- Cervical Spine Deformity / Kyphosis
- Dr Ricardo B V Fontes and Dr Christopher J DeWald
- 17 August 2021
- Adjacent Segment Degeneration / Disease
- Dr Sravisht Iyer and Dr Philip K Louie
- 31 August 2021
- Surgical Outcomes: Cervical Radiculopathy / Myelopathy
- Dr Harel Deutsch and Dr Sapan Gandhi
Gain AMA CME Credits
The course is accredited by Rush University for Continuing Medical Education / Continuous Professional Development.
You will gain 12 American Medical Association PRA Category 1 CME Credits for completing the course.
Enrol and Study Worldwide
You can enrol online, and study from anywhere in the world. No travel required.
RISE Faculty & Mentors
This is the world-class faculty of the RISE Program, who also act as mentors to each registered participant during the course:
- Howard S. An, MD, Program Director, Rush
- Dino Samartzis, DSc Program Director, Rush
- Richard Assaker, MD, CHRU Lille, France
- Matthew W. Colman, MD, Rush
- Harel Deutsch, MD, Rush
- Christopher J. DeWald, MD, Rush
- Richard G. Fessler, MD, Rush
- Ricardo B. V. Fontes, MD, PhD, Rush
- Sapan Gandhi, MD, Harvard
- Sravisht Iyer, MD, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Krishn Khanna, MD, Orthopaedics Northeast
- Ralph Kothe, MD, Schoen Clinic Hamburg, Germany
- Stephane Litrico, MD, University of Nice, France
- Philip Louie, MD, Virginia Mason
- Michael T. Nolte, MD, Rush
- Frank M. Phillips, MD, Rush
- Vincent Traynelis, MD, Rush